How not to look like a 90's 3-year-old in denim dungarees | How I style the dungaree dress

Having a young face doesn’t always help my often questionable outfit choices, especially when it comes to pieces that can easily decrease my maturity level at first glance. Whilst I love my new light wash denim dungaree dress from Jack Wills, I do find it hard to style in a way that isn’t how my mum once did for me. However, with a couple hours raiding through my wardrobe, I think I have found a few outfits that give my dungarees a new look.



 I know a white shirt paired with denim is not revolutionary, but it does give this dress a more ‘grown-up’ look. Paired either with coloured converse or heeled boots this look can become casual/smart casual in an instant, and this is definitely an outfit I want to sport this summer.






Another shirt option I chose was this purple patterned number, which I think can be worn in two ways, with a white tee tucked into the dress and the shirt worn as a light jacket; or worn tucked in and buttoned up, both equally wearable.



In this look, I think wearing a  black polo neck with the dress feels more 'grown up' and matched with a simple black skater shoe or chelsea boot, is a great alternative to just denim shorts and a top, my automatic summer fall-back.

How do you style dungaree dress and trouser outfits?

Twitter | Bloglovin

Popular Posts